About Membership and Mailing Lists
Membership in the SJA enables you to participate in SJA-hosted events, as well as join the SJA mailing list.
The SJA is home to students of many ethnicities and nationalities with a shared interest in Japan. In order to facilitate the sharing of important information via the mailing list, we request that all emails sent to the main mailing list be written: (1) In English, (2) in both English and Japanese, or (3) in Japanese annotated with English. We appreciate your cooperation in helping us improve the SJA community.
Individuals about to arrive at Stanford for work or study in in the near future are also welcome. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the SJA Officers.
Modifying Your Registration
The SJA mailing list will not accept emails from non-subscribers, though each person is allowed to register up to 2 different email addresses. Please follow the directions below if you would like to modify your registration.
SJA Terms and Conditions
- Adding a second email address
Complete a new registration by following the link at the bottom of this page. Follow the instructions as with your initial registration, and be sure that the confirmation email does not get sent to your junk, spam, or promotions folder.
- Removing a registered email address
To unsubscribe from the main list, go to this page, type your email address into the field labeled "To unsubscribe from sja-list, get a password reminder, or change your subscription options enter your subscription email address:" and follow the instructions thereafter.
To unsubscribe from the in-Japanese list, go to this page and repeat the above.
- Modifying a registered email address
Follow the instructions above to add your new address, the the instructions after that to delete your old address.
The SJA mailing list exists for the benefit of all our participants. In order to maintain a welcoming environment, please observe the following rules. Failure to do so may result in revocation of your right to participate in SJA and removal from the mailing list, as well as loss of access to the SJA wiki.
- Other than moving sales, do not use the mailing list for commercial purposes, such as selling products or promoting events in which you have a financial interest.
- Participants are not permitted to use the mailing list to advertise to or recruit from other participants without prior consent of the SJA officers.
- Please refrain from forwarding emails from organizations that you have little personal connection with.
- Finally, any participant deemed to be provoking tensions between other participants or any outside entity will be blocked from posting to the mailing list.
- Every participant has to renew their registration beginning October 1st. Existing participants will be asked to reregister during the month of September. You will be contacted via email around the beginning of September with instructions on how to renew your registration. Please be sure to do so by the stipulated deadline. We seek your understanding and cooperation in this matter.